Thursday, February 15, 2018

ALABAMA, Autauga County: Jackson (1832)

WILL OF JAMES JACKSON

STATE Of Alabama
(Autauga County)

       In the name of God Amen. I, James Jackson of the state of afore said 
do ordain constitute and make this my last will and testament revoking all 
hereto made first I recommend my soul to the favor of that God who gave the 
Savior to me. Then let my just debts be paid if any, after which I give and  
bequeath to my beloved wife one hundred and sixty acres of land being the 
tract that I now reside on with all that appertain there unto then I leave 
to my said wife Big George and his family Big Jack and his family, also 
little George together with my riding carriage and carriage horses, all my 
cows, hogs, and sheep stock also one thousand dollars in cash all of which 
my said wife is to enjoy her natural life time and at her decease I wish an 
equal division made among my children, I then give to my Nephew, William 
Jackson , now of the state of Georgia, one Negro boy by the name of Henry, 
about 15 years old, I then give to the children minors and heirs of John 
West-- (Weststy?) deceased the availer of a note that I hold on William 
McPherson for eight hundred and fifty Dolores together with such interests 
may accrue thereon, Which said sum I wish my executors hereafter to be 
named to lay out in the purchase of Negroes having a just regard to the 
number of heirs, their ages and with a view that each child have one Negro. 
I then give to John Norris for the support and maintenance of his blind 
children one hundred Dolores after which i wish the residue of sev--- 
property as I may die possessed of to be thrown into equal shares or lots 
and equally divided among my children, with the exception of my household 
furniture which I wish equally divided between my wife and son Crawford M. 
and also with exception of four mules or horses which I separately give to 
my son Crawford M. such as he may select and in order to carry this my last 
will and testament into effect I ordain constitute and appoint Linerford
Long my two sons, Absalon and Crawford M. my true and lawful executors 
Inte--- where of I have here unto set my hand and seal, this second day of 
May in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred Thirty  Two and in 
the Fifty Sixth year the American Independence Signed and Sealed in the 
presence of the subscribing witnesses

W>W. Morris                              James Jackson  (Seal)
Paul McKeithin
L. Long
Nancy Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment